Help me raise $2,900 by race day for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Help Find a Cure: Donate!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Welcome Home

This past week was my final Spring Break as an undergraduate student. Finally, I decided to go away and relax from the weights of the world. My sister and I enjoyed the sun and the relaxation in Dominican Republic. It was truly an amazing trip. I conquered fears by swimming with sharks, I avoided sunburn by going through three bottles of sunblock in 1.5 days, and I met some new and interesting people, who I hope to keep in touch with. Despite this, the most amazing part of my spring break came when I arrived back at my apartment.

My first instinct: Check the mail (well actually, my first was "get to the bathroom" but getting the mail was on the way to my front door). I wasn't surprised to see piles of unread mail. I had forgotten to stop the mail for the week. I was shocked and excited beyond belief to see a pile of letters from people supporting my campaign. Even the President of my university sent me a donation. I don't think I've smiled that wide in a long time.

Thank you, everyone!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment