Help me raise $2,900 by race day for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Help Find a Cure: Donate!

Friday, March 26, 2010

Fundraising...

Tonight is my first fundraiser event, and I'm a nervous wreck. If you are in the Newport News Area, check out Schooners (across from CNU) between 9pm and 1am. This event happened because a member of Chasing Arrows wanted to help. Last night, Justin and I began finalizing every detail. This involved picking up cornhole sets at 10pm, creating posters, buying materials, and staying up until 3:30am creating materials. This has been a stressful process and it wont be the last fundraiser.

Yesterday I traveled to multiple restaurants attempting to set up a fundraising night, and successfully got a bite. Now I'm waiting for a phone call from a General Manager in order to pick up flyers. On April 16, if you bring one of my flyers to UNOs Chicago Grill on Victory Blvd., 15% of your check will go to LLS. If Uno's makes over $1000, I get $20% of all checks with flyers.

Today I had a meeting about finding a new venue for the Stand Up Comedy Night. Luckily, it was a successful meeting. On April 17 (yes the day after UNO's) I will be hosting it. This one is going to take much needed effort, but will be successful.

I'm working with another TNT participant to form a carwash, unfortunately, I'll be out of town the weekend she wishes to do it. Hopefully I can work something out.

Anyway, I'll let you know how tonight goes. Ah, I'm so nervous!!! I have to MC and everything. Hopefully those public speaking courses will prove worthy tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment