Help me raise $2,900 by race day for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Help Find a Cure: Donate!

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Raised Over $700!

Congratulations to Lisa Lazzari who has raised over $700 for Rock ‘n’ Roll San Diego! Way to go! So far, Danielle Taylor is still leading the way at $1315. Who will be the next one over $1,000????

Can I be that one?

This week I was "featured" in our weekly Team in Training email from the staff member overseeing our race. I've raised over $700 so far because of all of you! Thanks for your support. Last week I met with a representative from Chasing Arrows. He was incredibly supportive of my campaign and is trying his hardest to help me out. Additionally, plans are underway for an Stand Up night full of entertainment and activities for early April. I still have $2,000 more to go.

For those of you who are unaware, I learned about this 1/2 marathon opportunity through my internship at the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Virginia Chapter - Hampton Office. It has been an amazing internship. Next weekend (March 19 - March 21), I will help my supervisors, volunteers, and fellow interns manage and cheer on the runners supporting LLS at The Shamrock Marathon 2010 in Virginia beach. Since starting my internship in October, I've been working towards this event by recruiting and maintaining participants. I'm both anxious and excited to see the streets of VA Beach in green. Our days will start at 5:45am and probably end near 11pm, making sure the event runs smoothly. This will be my first glimpse into the world of TNT Marathons.

No comments:

Post a Comment